1.30.2012

Hope Haven

Last week may have been my favorite week at Joytown. A team from Iowa called Hope Haven brought new wheelchairs to 25 lucky students. To see the smiles on these children's faces...indescribable. I was in charge of snapping pictures the whole week, a job I was more than happy to do. The team of 5 Americans taught our BethanyKids staff the in's and out's of a wheelchair--from minor repairs to modifying the chair for a specific child. This team was such a blessing to everyone at Joytown. I would have appreciated Hope Haven in September, but after living with these children for 5 months...I have learned that a wheelchair is their world. And Hope Haven was able to make their world a little better. Please visit their website to find out more about this incredible ministry (www.hopehaven.org) and enjoy the pictures!

 Measuring Fatuma for a new wheelchair
 Antone just loved all the attention (this is the boy in the main picture at the top of my blog)






Rose accepted Jesus as she was waiting for her wheelchair. She called her mom crying, "Mom I am born again!" I will remember this moment for the rest of my life:) 

 Rose with the beautiful smile
Calling home with the good news






1 comment:

  1. Incredible! I am so excited for these children, and so thankful for the team that brought the wheelchairs!

    ReplyDelete