2.07.2012

Disability is Not Inability

Today,  I was the cheerleader for the Joytown basketball game! Yep it's true, children with disabilites can even play basketball. These kids don't let anything stop them from having fun--such a great reminder to enjoy the life you're given. It was such a fun afternoon and I enjoyed talking with my sweet friends on the sidelines.

Tip off for the big game

 Boys soccer game--Daniel on the far left is playing with no arms. You can read his whole story under "success stories" :)

My girls--Every afternoon, we sit outside the dorms talking, laughing, and of course playing with my white girl hair.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I remember trying to explain "disabilities" to Carter when he was about three or four. He couldn't wrap his mind around it. He kept saying, "no, possibilities!" I finally said, "exactly". He had a point.

    ReplyDelete